Keeping track of technicians’ schedules is a big task. Yet, that isn’t the only concern when planning your field service calls. If your technicians use company-owned equipment in the field, you’ll need to ensure that equipment is available when you send them out on the job.
Whether it is a vehicle, a welder, or a digital device, if it’s in a shared pool, you need to make sure it’s physically present and ready to be used when it’s needed. For that, you can track availability through Bookable Resources in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service.
When creating a new equipment resource, you’re able to set several attributes to optimize the use of the item:
- Name: You can give the equipment a distinctive name
- Business Unit: Assure the equipment is assigned to the proper business unit
- Organizational Unit: Assign a unit to better group your resources
- Time Zone: For national or international operations, this ensures correct scheduling according to where the equipment is located and used.
- Description: This allows you to provide additional details and specifics according to the need.
After setting those options, you’ll be able to add the equipment as a Bookable Resource to the system.
Next, you can navigate to the schedule board, where, to the left of the calendar, you can search for the resource(s) you want to use, and then associate them with Unscheduled Work Orders, for example, to put that resource to work!
If you’d like to see how this is done, please watch this video:
Watch our training video:
By Western Computer |