Who is a Dynamics consultant? What role do they play in helping companies with Dynamics development? What can be expected from a certified consultant?
Let’s answer all these questions.
Dynamics Consultant – What is it?
The primary role of a Dynamics consultant is to thoroughly understand a company, its requirements, resources, and goals and then come up with a solution that helps them reach it. They are an integral part of the company’s growth.
For any requirement you have, Dynamics consultants come in multiple levels, from beginners to specialists. They provide services based on their experience.
What Do Dynamics Consultants Do?
What is the role of a Dynamics consultant at each level?
Before we get into this, you must understand a few levels. Let’s talk about the responsibilities and roles of a Dynamics consultant at the beginner, intermediate, and expert levels:
At the beginner level, the prominent role of a Dynamics consultant is to implement configurations. They have minute knowledge of Dynamics’ basic features and contributions and work on carrying out these configuration tasks to meet the project requirements. Following is a list of tasks they perform:
- Data migration
- Data clean up
- Testing and basic UAT tasks
- Configuration tasks with basic Dynamics features
- Make custom reports or Dynamics reports
A Dynamics consultant with up to 3 to 4 years of experience can do much more than that. With enough experience in the field, they can lead projects where they are able to guide beginners who are executing the majority of configurations. They can see the bigger picture of the whole project, not just the details within, so they are close to the client’s needs. Given below is a list of things to do:
- They provide assistance with presale activities for Dynamics consulting, such as validating and gathering the Dynamics practicality and needs.
- They are familiar with all things Dynamics and can evaluate the best implementation path for collective requirements.
- They can give you a solution design.
- They can train, advice, and counsel beginner-level consultants.
- They are able to implement intricate configurations for Dynamics features that may be too basic.
- They can determine which reports and reporting tools work best for you.
- They can oversee the deployments and executions of a smooth timeline and quality.
And finally, we come to the expert Dynamics consultants. They take the lead in requirement gathering, client meetings, and the development team. They don’t just see the whole picture but are also able to create one. They manage the project throughout its life cycle and are in charge of maintaining deliverables and timelines. Here’s a list of things they are responsible for:
- They are in charge of overseeing/building a team of Dynamics consultants based on the requirements of the project.
- They must gather requirements from cross-organizational teams to revise operations.
- They carry out a “temperature check” to get an understanding of the current conditions to access the Dynamics implementations required and foresee the enactment.
- They must understand everything needed for the implementation and execute it. They should be able to break down the bigger picture for the mid to junior-level consultants to follow.
- They have to oversee client management – from timeline management to quality control and the changes made therein. Additionally, keep an eye on the client’s POC and point of escalation.
- They must supervise timeline management and quality control.
- They are capable of building a roadmap for planned enhancements based on the current configurations.
Why Do Companies Need Dynamics Consultants?
Dynamics consultants are the bridges between companies and Dynamics 365. They know Dynamics inside-out and make sure to know your business from top to bottom. So their main help to companies is implementing, using, and getting the best out of Dynamics solutions.
Here’s a list of reasons why a company needs a Dynamics consultant:
To avoid making naive mistakes
When you have a Dynamics consultant, they will help you avoid commonplace mistakes. They will make a unique solution for you so you don’t run around trying to use what solved someone else’s puzzle.
To stay abreast of the latest features
Dynamics consistently updates and tweaks its offerings. When you work with a Dynamics consultant, be assured that you always get all the latest updates and features, as they are always up-to-date with everything new. While you may have a good idea of the features you need and implement, so much more could have come out.
To plan better for what’s to come
Dynamics consultants make a roadmap of implementation plans so the company is well aware of the growth and changes to come. During the implementation period, they are able to plan a little in advance so the business can have room to expand steadily. They are the best people for this as they are aware of the groundwork the company is putting up to scale.
When you work with Dynamics consultants worldwide, there’s a good chance they have worked on multiple projects, from the little league to the major ones. This means they have a well-rounded experience and are not hesitant to experiment to get results.
So when you
A business always closely monitors its requirements, goals, and everything in between; sometimes, they lose sight of the big picture. A Dynamics consultant reels you back in and helps you see it again. They can run a need analysis and craft a plan to achieve this.