Zelite Solutions approach to a Challenging CRM Migration to Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM (On-Premises)
About the Client
The client is a renowned software company located in New Jersey, USA that specializes in providing intelligent solutions for file management. Their cutting-edge solutions enable enterprises to effortlessly analyse, transfer, handle and upgrade essential data across cloud and object-based storage infrastructures, thereby facilitating true business transformation.
The client had been utilizing Dynamics 365 CRM (8.2) for over two years and wished to upgrade to the latest on-premises version, Dynamics 365 CRM 9.1. They desired smooth transition of their existing data to the new CRM, while incorporating numerous customizations.
Zelite Solutions adopted two strategies to execute the Dynamics 365 CRM on-premises migration project:
- Customizations migration
- Data migration through the use of the CRM Data Migration tool/SDK
- Migration on a standalone server
Industry: Technology – Cloud Storage
Solution: Data Migration Dynamics 365 CRM 8.2 to 9.1
Engagement Model: Time and Material
Current Phase: Live & under Support Contract
Technologies: Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM (9.1), Dynamics CRM SDK
To prevent any downtime of the current Dynamics 365 CRM 8.1 system, we opted to work on a standalone server and migrate all the data. The migration process involved the following steps:
- The migrated entities included Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Proposal Requirements, Sales Stage Audit, Notes, Activities, and Custom Entities.
- Entity Components like Forms, Views, Business Rules, and Custom Reports too were migrated
- Settings were migrated consisting Users, Mailboxes, and Email Templates.
- Solution Components migration included Dashboards, Workflows, and Plugins.
Data Migration using the CRM Data Migration tool/SDK:
- We first migrated data related to Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, and related System Entities and Custom Entities.
- Next, we migrated Phone Calls, Appointments, Tasks, and Emails related to the aforementioned entities.
- Finally, we migrated Notes and Attachments, which were done at the end due to the sheer number of Notes with Attachments in the on-premises CRM.
With zero down time the entire data was migrated to a new instance of latest Dynamics 365 CRM 9.1. Zelite completed a seamless transition with all files and modifications in record time.